People love The Office for Michael’s antics and the cringe-worthy humor, but one of the biggest draws is Jim and Pam. Ask around and you’ll find that this isn’t just a Hollywood love story. People do actually meet significant others at work.
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode, we chat about what to do if you’re curious about dating a coworker…
- Be mindful that many companies don’t allow two people to date if they are in a line of authority
- Ask yourself, is this a hookup or is there potential for the long term?
- Consider the implications of working side by side with someone you share an emotional bond with
- Consider that if the relationship ends, are you prepared to deal with how that might affect the business?
- Despite all the challenges, it can work!