Would Luke Skywalker be anything without Obi-Wan Kenobi? All of us, no matter how high or low need a midichlorian count, need a mentor.
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode, we chat about what to do if you’re searching for a mentor…
- Tap into your network — ask people for their recommendations
- A mentor is not a parent
- A mentor is not someone who will tell you what to do
- A mentor is someone who uses their experience to give you insight that can help inform a decision
- Be sure to be specific with what you hope to get from the mentor. Is there a specific part of the business you need advice on? How many times are you requesting to meet over the course of a year?
- Keep in mind, your relationship with your mentor will evolve over time
- Consider joining a mastermind group