Internships are a great way to get your foot in the door at a new company. But what do you do when your time there is quickly coming to an end? Can you ask your manager about a full-time job? I know – cry. Crying always works. Whatever the situation, you’ve got limited time to figure out a game plan and the stress is real.
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode, we chat about what to do if your internship is about to end…
- Don’t expect a job offer at the end of your internship
- Don’t leave your internship without getting feedback on your performance
- If you’re interested in a full-time position, take initiative and seek out the information about it
- Keep in touch with former team members
- Always follow thru on communications
- If you find out you did a bad job ask for the specifics so you can make improvements in the future