Picking a major in college is stressful. How can anybody possibly know what they want to do with the rest of their life in college?! It feels like a gamble. Do you spend all that time and money on something super specific or shoot your shot on a more generalized major that may make finding work difficult down the road?
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode, we chat about what to do if you’re debating a liberal arts degree…
- Business is very rarely limited to one skillset; learn how to learn
- Don’t be afraid to explain the value of your liberal arts degree to somebody if they are hesitant about giving you an interview
- When speaking with recruiters, highlight what’s been good about your experience
- Most employers will be looking for candidates to have at least one internship under their belt
- You have to learn how to get used to rejection in life
- Don’t choose a major just to check some “life” box. Pick something you’re actually interested in