With unlimited resources, your work project would be easy. Have an issue? Just throw some money at it!
But unless you’re Jeff Bezos (hey Jeff!), you’re probably working within the constraints of a budget. So, what are best practices to ensure you don’t blow through all the money?
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode, we chat about what to do if you’re working with a budget…
- Always start by dictating the goal of your event. That will inform how you should spend your cash
- Consider this: How can you allow people to experience the event if they can’t attend in person
- You should create some sort of spreadsheet so you can internally start mapping towards your ultimate goal
- If you have time, try to do some negotiating to keep prices more manageable
- Be willing to think outside the box
- If you see something that would be a great investment (i.e. a photographer for the event), find out exactly how much it will cost the client and provide that as well as the future benefits to them in an email
- DO NOT over promise on a small budget