Whether you like it or not, you have a personal brand. The clothes you wear, the company you keep, and the ideas you present all culminate into a unified identity of what it means to be you.
At least that’s the way it used to be. Now your personal brand is also influenced by your online presence – your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and MySpace profile (this is a joke, but no judgment…).
We sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. On this episode we learn what to do if you want to develop your personal brand…
- Start by Googling yourself and see what comes up
- Your LinkedIn page is probably the best place to start
- It’s worth it to pay for the premium LinkedIn badge
- Blogging, podcasting, and maintaining a LinkedIn page all help assist you in creating the persona you want people to find when they Google you
- Anytime there’s a new platform, go capture you personal URL
- Great people to check out: Glennon Doyle, Kelly Corrigan, Pat Flynn, Tim Ferris