Vacation is bliss isn’t it? No emails. No coworkers asking for ‘one more thing.’ But before you sign off, you should make sure you prep your team with everything they need. You’d hate for productivity to come to a grinding halt during your absence, right? Or even worse, imagine your beach day being interrupted by a request to access a Google doc.
Lucky for you, we sit down with our CEO for 15 minutes each week to get practical business advice so we can advance in our careers. In this episode, we learn what to do if you’re going on vacation…
*Be sure to download our “I’m Leaving for Vacation” checklist.
- An “unlimited vacation” policy sounds really good, but be aware that it’s not exactly unlimited – there are still restrictions.
- Be sure to take vacation. It’s beneficial to disconnect and you may return to work with a new perspective.
- As a leader, you can only take care of other people if you take care of yourself first.
- Not preparing for vacation can cause resentment amongst people on your team
- Download, print, and complete our “I’m Leaving for Vacation” Checklist.